- Cooperate with the Administration, Athletic Director, fellow coaches and students to promote the best interests of the entire athletic program.
- Work with the Athletic Director in the assignment of assistant coaches.
- Order equipment and supplies in accordance with district rules.
- Prepare a roster for team and update as needed.
- Assume responsibility for any participants from beginning of practice until they have left the building/site.
- Accompany and supervise the team to and from all contests.
- In the event of an injury, file an accident report form with the appropriate office.
- Attend scheduled coach’s meetings unless excused by the Athletic Director.
- Clarify to parents/athletes the letter award policy.
- Recommend student-athletes for special awards (All-League).
- Check arrangements for all transportation with the Athletic Director.
- Ability to motivate student athletes.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups from varied educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to direct and evaluate performance of assistant coaches.
- Ability to organize and manage all aspects of assigned interscholastic sport/activity.