To motivate and develop each athletes’ skills, attitudes, and habits that will guide them toward success, personal growth, and good character. To provide examples of fair play, team building, and respect. Provide leadership and motivation to excel.
- Idaho Teaching Certification, American Sport Education Program Certification, or National Federation of Interscholastic Coaches Association Certification.
- Certification in first aid and CPR, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, St. Luke’s Concussion, Mental Health in the Student Athlete.
- Demonstrated knowledge of golf, sports training, conditioning, injury prevention, kinesiology, management, and the rules of the Idaho High School Activities Association Handbook.
- Related experience as determined by the Board.
- Ability to foster and sustain students' interest in the activity and promote skill development.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work well with students, parents, and colleagues.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all tryouts, practice meetings, and in-school events, and supervise students during related field trips and other out-of-school functions (including supervision to and from events on the bus).
- Set up and ensure practice facilities are safe.
- Work with local golf courses to secure a practice course, negotiating cost for use (if needed).
- Work with local course and golf pro to organize and run any home matches.
- Organize practice schedules and match rosters.
- Develop strategies and styles of play.
- Attend out-of-school meetings, supervise fundraisers, and help students prepare for competitions.
- Coach individual participants of varying abilities in the skills necessary for achievement.
- Track student performance throughout the season and develop stat sheets on players
- Arrange with the athletics and activities director for any necessary transportation, scheduling, or other arrangements for competitions related to the sport.
- Ensure the safety of the students and maintain responsibility for the security of equipment and facilities and ensure that safety equipment is used correctly.