This position is classified as a 10-month full-time at-will employment appointment with administrative (30%) and coaching (teaching) (70%) responsibilities. This position is eligible to accrue sick leave at a rate of 10 hours each month, but will not accrue vacation leave. The coach will provide daily instruction to student-athletes to increase their knowledge and understanding of the sport.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coaches the men's golf team.
- Recruits academically successful and highly skilled student-athletes.
- Plans practices.
- Monitors academic progress of student-athletes.
- Coordinates athletic financial aid program for Men's Golf.
- Administers the golf budget including the purchase of equipment, in coordination with Assistant AD for Finances.
- Gives routine assessment and feedback to student-athletes in regard to their performance.
- Arranges travel for team to attend off-campus competitions.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching, instructing and coaching, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Bachelor's degree and work experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts of collegiate sports programs.
- Requires the application of expertise in the sport to achieve results.
- Coaching experience with leading planning, including program development and innovation, program prioritization, and assessment.