Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, is responsible for the operation of the entire golf program, including service to players, recruitment and retention of student-athletes during the golf season, supervision of assistants, coordination of game and practice schedules, and external relations. The Head Golf Coach will operate the program within the guidelines established by the Director of Athletics and in accordance with the goals of the University of Saint Francis.
- Recruits in accordance with NAIA, conference, and university guidelines, and maintains a roster as designated by the Director of Athletics.
- Conducts practices to teach and train the student athletes on the rules and fundamentals of the sport.
- Participates and contributes to the overall fundraising and public relations efforts of the university and Department Athletics. Projects a positive image of the university and the Department to the campus community, current and prospective student-athletes, and the external community through the actions and attitudes of coach and others in the program.
- Acts in the best interests of student athletes, including
- monitors academic progress toward a degree, and ensures eligibility compliance with NAIA academic regulations;
- ensures that student-athletes have physical examinations and insurance forms on file prior to participation in practice or games.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Possess knowledge of university programs, services, policies, procedures and activities.
- Demonstrates high level of leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written necessary to interact effectively with prospective students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the game of golf and all rules relating to the game and NAIA recruiting guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to coach on the collegiate level.
- Must be, and remain, insurable for driving by the university’s automobile insurance company without additional premiums.