Promote excellent athletic performance in a safe and sportsmanlike manner. To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with the athletic director and school principal to set practice and competition schedules and participation rules. Systematically disseminate the information to players and parents.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Assigns managers and duties.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Arrives first and leaves last to practices and games.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records, and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Experience in Coaching.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Current Athletic Care & Prevention Certification.
- Courses in Coaching Theory Preferred.
- CDL Safety Education Certification Preferred.