The Head HS Baseball Coach provides leadership and direction to the high school boys’ basketball team, enforcing all rules of the WIAA as they relate to the respective sport, and is responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of the team.
- Plans and conducts all practice sessions.
- Maintains a current and accurate squad roster at all times, being sure that it is on file with the athletic director and the building principal.
- Assigns duties to the team’s assistant coach and evaluates the assistant coach’s performance in conjunction with the athletic director.
- Provides verification of physical exam clearances and parental permission slips on all participating student athletes prior to actual team practices/games.
- Accompanies the specified school team to school-sponsored interscholastic competitions at all times and/or assigns at least one coach to be with the squad at all times, including bus transportation to and from practices and games; performs locker room supervision until all squad members have left the building; and ensures that the aforementioned areas are clean and orderly.
- Inspects all equipment, oversees the issuance and collection of equipment, and maintains equipment inventory records; advises the athletic director of any equipment that needs repair or certification (All equipment is the responsibility of the coach.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Is at least 21 years old.
- Possesses a high school diploma or GED.
- Holds a valid and current First Aid Certification card or is enrolled in a Red Cross First Aid Card training course.