To instruct participants in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a high degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student-athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation and internalization of pride of accomplishment, self-discipline, self-confidence and sportsmanship.
- Serves as the leader and manager for the football program.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Establishes and maintains written standards of student behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Assigns duties to all assistant coaches under his/her jurisdiction; including out of season workouts.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Establishes a program philosophy that would including establishing a feeder program that may incorporate youth camps and clinics.
- Valid IA Coaching Endorsement or Coaching Authorization.
- Strong Communication, public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Coaching and/or leadership experience.
New London Community School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age (except students) national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, socioeconomic status, disability, religion or creed in admission or access to, or treatment in, its programs/activities or in its hiring and employment practices.