The Head Volleyball Coach fulfills the Catholic school's mission by administering the program in a particular sport that adequately prepares the student-athlete for interscholastic competition. The Head Volleyball Coach is recommended to the principal by the athletic director, hired by the principal, and evaluated in consultation with the athletic director.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Models professional conduct and sportsmanship while instilling these characteristics within team members.
- Executes practice and game plans in consultation with the Athletic Director.
- Monitors physical condition and fitness of participants and reports injuries to parents and school officials.
- Continually monitors and supervises all activities of the participants at all practices and games.
- Teaches essential safety skills and strategies to student-athletes; monitors safety compliance.
- Follows school and diocesan policies regarding safety guidelines.
- Communicate with the Athletic Director regarding team needs.
- Assume complete responsibility for all aspects of the JV Volleyball program, including the planning and running of all practices.
- Establish positive relationships with coaches, athletes, parents, and faculty members.
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like and professional manner at all times.
- Know and comply with all TAPPS policies and procedures.
- Provide our students with academic and athletic achievement guidance
- Have previous volleyball coaching/playing experience.
- Possess sound knowledge of the sport of volleyball.
- Communicate effectively with players and parents.