The William Smith Ice Hockey Head Coach is responsible for the organization and management of a highly competitive NCAA Division III women’s ice hockey program at William Smith College. This includes teaching and coaching student-athletes for successful competition; monitoring and supporting student-athletes’ academic success; recruiting; civic engagement; planning and managing budgets and schedules; fundraising; and developing positive alumnae and parent relations.
- Maintain an exemplary standard of conduct, which reflects the highest level of professionalism and good judgment on and off the ice.
- Provide a teaching and learning environment that is nurturing, intellectual and supportive of individual differences.
- Develop strategies and techniques for all phases of the sport to best prepare the team for competitive situations.
- Prepare, implement and evaluate practice and game plans that are effective for the sport and congruent with team/individual ability.
- Develop and employ a team philosophy that is supportive of the educational mission of the college and the athletic department.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of four years playing and/or coaching experience at the collegiate level is required.
- Demonstrated successful women’s ice hockey coaching experience at the collegiate level, preferably NCAA Division III, required.
- The candidates should have proven organizational and management skills as well as a recognizable commitment to student growth and academic achievement.
- An overall knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.