- Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and coaching of the team under their direction.
- Enforce all rules of the league, state and national association as they pertain to the respective sport.
- Assure that players and coaches under their jurisdiction understand that a completed and signed parental permission form and physical examination packet shall be in the hands of the Athletic Director prior to an athlete beginning practice.
- Cooperate with the Administration, Athletic Director, fellow coaches and students to promote the best interests of the entire athletic program.
- Work with the Athletic Director in the assignment of assistant coaches.
- Order equipment and supplies in accordance with district rules.
- Prepare a roster for team and update as needed.
- Assume responsibility for any participants from beginning of practice until they have left the building/site.
- Accompany and supervise the team to and from all contests.
- In the event of an injury, file an accident report form with the appropriate office.
- Successful prior experience as head or assistant coach in designated sport/activity.
- Criminal background clearance.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification.