- Attend all practices and contests as required by the Head Varsity Coach.
- Maintain necessary attendance forms, statistics, and similar paperwork as directed by Head Varsity Coach.
- Attend annual meeting with Activities Director and Building Principal to review program expectations and District procedures.
- Assist in other coaching roles in the program in the event of a legitimate need for coverage (i.e. illness, ejection, etc.) as authorized by contest officials or as deemed necessary by the Activities Director.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times.
- Complete necessary training and certifications as directed by District or appropriate athletic unions.
- Adhere to all Board and District policies and procedures.
- Valid Iowa Coaching Endorsement
- Additional applicable state-mandated training and certifications (i.e. concussions in sports, rules meetings, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.