The Head JV/Assistant Varsity Volleyball Coach will report to the Head Varsity Volleyball Coach and Athletic Director, and assist in supervising all volunteer coaches, to form an innovative and collaborative athletic department.
- Educate and coach Woodlands Academy student-athletes in the game of Volleyball.
- Provide leadership that promotes positive attitudes and good sportsmanship.
- Notifies team members of all Woodland’s Academy Athletic Program policies, procedures, and training rules as they pertain to the team.
- Plan and communicate to the Head Varsity Coach in all practice sessions and competition strategies which ensure the health and physical well-being of student-athletes.
- Schedules and coordinates, in conjunction with the Head Coach, summer camps, game schedules, practice schedules, team tryouts, meetings, team workouts, and summer open gym/conditioning sessions in coordination with IHSA regulations.
- Maintains, along with the head coach, the proper supervision of student-athletes at practices, games, in locker rooms, and on school-provided transportation.
- Previous experience as a coach in Volleyball, required.
- Meets NFHS/IHSA Criteria and completion of NFHS courses, preferred.
- Must be available from the first allowable practice date as designated by the IHSA for all practices, games, and regional/state finals.
- Successful completion of criminal and sexual offender registry background checks.