Under the general supervision of the High School Head Coach and Athletic Director/Assistant Athletic Director, the Sub-Varsity Coach is responsible for performing coaching functions for their designated sport.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides training for athletes on all rules and skills of the designated sport, training on physical conditioning and injury prevention, and development of skills through various drills and individual coaching.
- Assists the Head Athletic Coach in scheduling, providing transportation to tournaments and special sporting events as required.
- Assists in preparing for scheduled sporting events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Maintains correspondence with players and parents to address any issues or concerns related to the team as requested by the Head Athletic Coach.
- Works with the Head Athletic Coach, Athletic Director, Counselors, and the Athletic Office to ensure that each athlete is academically eligible for participation.
- Monitors athlete class attendance, behavior, and academic progress and works with teachers to encourage academic growth.
- EDUCATION: This position requires a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.). Additional coursework or a Bachelor’s Degree in Education is preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Successful coaching experience at the high school level or college coaching/playing experience is essential. Head Varsity Coaching experience is highly desirable.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Must advise, coordinate and support the staff of assistant coaches and student assistants.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, OR REGISTRATIONS: CPR/First Aid Certification is desirable.