St. Paul Academy and Summit School is seeking applicants for the position of a Head JV girls' soccer coach for the 2023 fall season. The minimum time commitment includes potential weekday practice times after 3:30 p.m. and all games. The season begins August August 2023.
- Ability to communicate with student-athletes in grades 7-12, as well as parents and Athletic Department Administration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the game of Soccer.
- Coaching and/or playing experience preferred.
- Experience/familiarity with IMAC and MSHSL rules and commitment to youth sports preferred.
- Willingness and ability to Athletic Department staff and fellow coaches.
- Must meet all the MSHSL coaching requirements and a CPR/AED Certification is strongly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating a positive environment that promotes good sportsmanship.
- Work closely with the US and MS Athletics Directors to build a coaching staff of qualified coaches.
- Assist in creating well-organized and structured practices.
- Provides effective supervision and evaluation of all players.
- Create a rapport with the great community, generating interest in the program.
- Be visible in the greater youth community.
- Show a willingness to create a compelling program where roles are clearly defined, opportunities are provided for all.
- Recognize contributions of all; impress upon the athletes and parents that their efforts are valued.