Bishop Hendricken High School is looking for an experienced Lacrosse coach to instruct our student-athletes, grades 9-12. The Lacrosse coach's duties include training athletes, instructing all lacrosse activities, providing a positive atmosphere for athletic and character growth & development, maintaining uniforms and equipment, and building positive relationships with our student-athletes, families and school community all while building a highly competitive game schedule.
- A minimum of three years head coaching experience is preferred with a flexible after-school schedule.
- A minimum of three references required.
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation.
- Resume and cover letter required.
- Is familiar with and adheres to the policies of the Rhode Island Interscholastic League, The Diocese of Providence and Bishop Hendricken High School.
- Is responsible to the Principal and Athletic Director for the entire program (Varsity, JV, and Freshmen, if applicable). This includes managers and student assistants.
- Attends all required coaches' meetings.
- Is available to council all participants whenever possible.
- Cooperates with the Athletic Director and all other coaches to upgrade the total athletic program.
- Cooperates with teaching staff, administration, parents, school counselors, athletic trainer, members of the news/media and other citizens to ensure good public relations. Manages and oversees team staff, student-athletes and student managers.
- Serves as a positive role model for student-athletes. This includes appearance, manners, behavior, language, and conduct during practices and contests.
- Is prompt and consistent in arrival for team practices and contests.