The Head Tennis Coach is responsible for all aspects of coaching the men and women’s tennis programs. Recruiting student athletes, coordinating practices and activity travel, and promoting events and activities. Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head tennis coach will serve as a leader of a program that competes in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference as part of the NAIA. The Head Coach will be responsible for organizing, directing, and administering a competitive tennis program in the KCAC and NAIA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing academic success, recruitment, design and implementation of effective practice and game plans.
- Supervising off season programs, scouting reports and player development.
- Supervising equipment oversight, travel planning, budget management, and summer camps programming.
- Working with college representatives related to public relations/community involvement, community service initiatives and fundraising.
Qualifications and Special Skills:
- Previous competitive tennis coaching and recruiting experience is required. Preferred qualifications include a Master’s degree and head coaching experience or at least 5 years of coaching experience in tennis.
- Experience recruiting and managing student-athletes.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate tennis program.
- Knowledge of and skill in use of computers and software applications, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Skill preparing, monitoring and maintaining licenses.