- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the Department of Physical Education, Athletics & Recreation and University as well as the rules and regulations of the Middle Atlantic Conference and MAC Freedom, the NCAA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Oversee the recruitment of student athletes. Ensure full compliance with NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process. Collaborate with the Office of Admissions to ensure selection of appropriate students Stevens.
- Provide support and instruction in the personal and athletic development of the team, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
- Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions within both traditional and non-traditional seasons as permitted by NCAA rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of coaching experience in an intercollegiate athletics setting is strongly preferred.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Must be willing to work early morning, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- First Aid, CPR, AED training certification required.
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.