The Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field Coach is responsible for administering, promoting, coordinating, and continually improving the men’s and women’s cross country and track & field programs. The Head Coach will also be responsible for additional administrative duties within the Athletic Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the positive development and growth of student-athletes: academically, athletically and personally.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes to insure eligibility and progress towards a degree.
- Recruit and retain student-athletes for the men’s and women’s cross country and track & field teams in accordance with Lasell University and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Guidelines.
- Coordinate all practice and training sessions for the cross country and track & field teams and prepare the team for competition.
- Understand and adhere to all Lasell University, NCAA and Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) bylaws, rules, policies and protocols.
- Provide input to the Director of Athletics regarding team budget and manage budget effectively.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Microsoft Office.
- Prior coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level; knowledge of NCAA Division III guidelines; and desire to build a strong Division III program, are required qualities.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to the developmental education of student-athletes, sportsmanship, a strong work ethic, organizational skills, computer skills, and the ability to interact professionally within the department, the campus, and the community.