North Carolina Wesleyan College is seeking a Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Women’s Track & Field Coach with the proven ability to manage a successful program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes at NC Wesleyan College. Head Coach will plan and organize the Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Women’s Track & Field Programs including training and conditioning programs; organizing practice sessions; developing and retaining academically and athletically talented student-athletes to compete successfully within the conference, regionally and nationally.
- Assess talent and actively recruit talented student athletes who are suitable for NCWC academic programs. Travel to evaluate abilities, phone calls, letter writing, and on campus meetings. Meet annual recruiting goals for Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Women’s Track & Field.
- Pass the NCAA coaches certification test, attend all mandatory NCAA compliance meetings and maintain appropriate forms and documentation to be reviewed upon request.
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 4 years coaching at high school (head coach) and/or two years coaching at collegiate level.
- Skill/Abilities: Valid driver’s license. Willingness to travel, including overnight and weekends. Ability to work evenings and weekends. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Operate a PC and related software.