This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a successful Cross-Country program for the institution. The day-to day reporting will be to the Head Men’s & Women’s Track Head Coach, with dotted-line reporting to the Director of Athletics, or his/her designee, keeping him/her abreast of all planning, organizing and development of the program.
- Formulate a successful philosophy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete.
- Develop a competitive program that will represent the institution and community in a positive manner.
- Prepare yearly budget for the program.
- Purchase equipment and uniforms and maintaining records of all purchases.
- Work with Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student Life to ensure all players meet applicable eligibility requirements and prepare all necessary forms on a timely basis.
- Develop practice and competition schedule.
- Make all travel arrangements for team and recruiting.
- Conduct fundraising activities to supplement program budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Significant coaching experience with a preference of prior experience at the coordinator level in either a professional or university environment.
- Ability to identify and recruit outstanding student-athletes is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- A thorough understanding of, and experience with, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate University coaches and athletes is critical; organizational, budget and management skills are imperative.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential.