The Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Coach will direct and oversee all coaching duties of the men’s and women’s cross country program, coordinating all aspects of recruitment, scheduling, training, academics and budget management.
- Serve as the Head Coach of the men’s and women’s cross country team.
- Evaluate and recruit qualified student athletes who can excel both academically and athletically.
- Promote an environment which places an emphasis on academics & graduation.
- Responsible for developing team and individual practices.
- Responsible for competition scheduling and all travel arrangements.
- Coordinate all fundraising and community service events.
- Knowledge and commitment to NCAA, Peach Belt Conference and Young Harris College rules, polices & procedures.
- Responsible for managing operating budget and scholarship budget while maintaining roster requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Two or more years of collegiate coaching and/or playing experience, collegiate recruiting experience, effective communication (verbal and written), proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office.