The University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) invites resumes for a full-time, exempt position with full benefits. The position reports to the Director of Athletics.
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Monitor academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.
- Oversee the strength and conditioning program for student athletes in coordination with strength and conditioning staff.
- Manage all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities for the specific sports program
- Promote the athletic program and specific sport through community events, public speaking, fundraising, donor engagement and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Head coaching experience in both Cross Country/Track and Field.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I and MEAC rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and development of student athletes.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Academic Progress Rate (APR) and Graduation Success Rate (GSR).
- Fundraising experience.
- Computer literacy.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.