Reporting to the Director of Athletics and the Rothman Center, the Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country & Track & Field Coach is responsible for organizing and conducting an intercollegiate athletic program at the Division I level. The program shall be conducted under the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Division I, the Northeast Conference, and the University.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years experience as a Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country & Track & Field Coach at the intercollegiate or high school levels, and highly competitive personal playing experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations a plus.
- Commitment to support the academic progress and development of student-athletes.
- Evidence of recruiting success in Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country & Track & Field Coach programs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a First Aid and CPR certification or obtain them during the 90 day Introductory Period. National Red Cross certification preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work varied hours including evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle policy. A MVC check will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the MVC check.