The Catawba College (“Catawba”) Head Men’s and Women’s Golf Coach will organize and oversee the Men’s and Women’s Golf programs, with the primary emphasis on teaching the game of golf and instructing the student-athletes in how to perform in golf matches. The selected candidate will provide leadership, mentorship, and learning opportunities for the assistant coaches in all areas related to the men’s and women’s golf programs, and ensure compliance with NCAA, South Atlantic Conference and Catawba College rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit prospective Golf student-athletes to and assist in retention of Golf student-athletes at Catawba; increase membership on the Men’s and Women’s Golf teams within the allotted scholarship structure and limits.
- Train, teach, and coach the Men’s and Women’s Golf teams, including practice planning and on the course coaching.
- Emphasize and ensure the Men’s and Women’s Golf programs, including student-athletes, coaches, and athletic boosters, comply with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Complete program-related administrative duties, including scheduling practices and matches, scheduling golf course availability for matches and practices, organizing team travel, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, budgeting, and supervising work-study students.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of playing and teaching the game of golf.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving. and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with coworkers and students.
Catawba College is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the College is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status, unless allowed by law and deemed necessary to the operation of the College. The College complies with all federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination.