The Head Men’s & Women’s Golf Coach will be involved with the day-to-day administration of a Division II golf program and must attend all sport-related activities as required. The Head Men's and Women's Golf Coach will be involved in daily communication and interaction with student-athletes for their respective sport, and will make it priority to grow and develop their student-athletes both academically and athletically.
- Program administration: Attend all staff meetings (compliance, practice planning, academic, strength & conditioning, individuals), assist with travel arrangements for competition, scheduling, communicate with athletic administration regarding sport-specific initiatives, delegate administrative duties to other staff members as appropriate, manage sport-specific budget and processes associated.
- Technical instruction: Attend all practices and games, oversee all practice logistics, implement game plan-oriented drills, strategic preparation for opposing teams.
- Fundraising: Organize and oversee sport-specific fundraising activities.
- Recruiting: Oversee all program recruiting activities, correspondence with prospective student-athletes; meet with recruits and families on a regular basis; evaluate talent of prospective student-athletes; evaluate academic qualifications of prospective student-athletes; determine potential athletic aid awards for prospective student-athletes relative to program scholarship budgets, determine and oversee social media strategies.
- Abide by NCAA, NSIC and CSP rules and regulations and pass NCAA recruiting exam on annual basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to work on a team and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to articulate sport-specific instruction to student-athletes.
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibilities.
- Exceptional public speaking skills.