Recruits, develops, and provides guidance to student-athletes of the men’s and women’s rugby teams in a manner which promotes academic, athletic, and social success of student athletes and is consistent with the mission and goals of the Wayne State College and Wayne State College Athletic and Recreation Department. The rugby programs compete in the National Collegiate Rugby (NCR) league.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provide leadership, supervision, and administration of the men’s and women’s rugby programs that is consistent with the objectives and mission of the total athletic program at Wayne State College.
- Organize and facilitate all practices, contest preparations, and off-season training.
- Support the academic success of the student athletes.
- Maintain a student-athlete retention rate as established by the department.
- Administer the rugby programs within the policies of Wayne State College, National Collegiate Rugby and the Nebraska State College System.
- Develop and maintain a successful recruiting system while maintaining a high level of visibility within Wayne State College’s service region.
- Coordinate travel, lodging and meal considerations for away contests.
- Enforce discipline and positive sportsmanship behavior.
- Evaluate and review the program and to recommend changes and improvements to the Campus Recreation Coordinator.
- Maintain and inventory all equipment and uniforms.
- Master’s degree and two years of coaching college or club level experience.
- Previous experience playing collegiate rugby.
- Knowledge of NCR rules and regulations.