West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses, is seeking a self-motivated and driven Head Men's and Women's Swim Coach for the WVU Beckley campus. This position will report to the WVU Tech Director of Athletics.
- Duties include total responsibilities as required for an NAIA Division I Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Program.
- Attend all departmental meetings.
- Establish the meet schedule(s) for both teams.
- Prepare NAIA institutional scholarship award forms and submitting signed contracts for scholarships.
- Evaluate talent in current and prospective student-athletes.
- Organize and conduct a strength conditioning program.
- Provide compliance director with freshman and returning player’s information to complete eligibility form.
- Coordinate team meetings, athletic study halls for Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving athletes, strength and conditioning work outs, etc.
- Monitor the academic progress, eligibility, retention rates and graduation rates of Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving players.
- Responsible for discipline and conduct of student-athletes participating in Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Successful coaching experience on the high school or college level preferred, either as a head coach or assistant coach.
- Successful experience in managing a swimming pool (or comparable management experience).
- A proven record in working positively with administration, athletic department staff and Director of Athletics in developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the institution and the community.
- Computer Experience.