The Head Coach serves as the program leader for Men/Women Swimming. As Head Coach, this individual is responsible for operating a program for student-athletes, with differing abilities and skills, and serving as a role model in meeting our complimentary goals in Athletics of “Pursuing Athletic Excellence…Developing Christian Character.”
- Ability to coach, teach, and train student-athletes in skills and strategies specific to Men/Women Swimming to be competitive within the Middle Atlantic Conference;
- Ability to establish appropriate and effective mentoring relationships with student-athletes
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the stages of student development and the importance of holistic education;
- Ability to be a team player within the Athletics Department and the University;
- Good judgment and problem solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning/professional development (i.e., presentations, publications, serving on regional and/or national committees).
- Analyze performance and instruct athletes in skills, techniques and strategies in preparation for competition and during contests to be competitive within the MAC commonwealth conference
- Coordinate general administrative duties (including budgeting, meet scheduling, travel plans, meeting requests for information, hiring of officials, and business procedures).
- Communicate with the athletic trainer, Athletics Communication Director, facilities assignor, and department administrators as needed.
- Establish appropriate and effective mentoring relationships with student-athletes, resulting in a team grade point average of 3.00 and a retention rate of 82%.