The selected individual will serve as the Head Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Coach and is responsible for all aspects of coordinating and maintaining a competitive NCAA Division III collegiate level Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving program including ongoing recruitment, retention efforts, proper scheduling, equipment inventory, and promoting a positive team culture of sportsmanship and NCAA Division III compliance.
Primary duties include:
- Serve as the Head Coach for Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving using current up to date coaching techniques to promote a competitive team performance.
- Mentor student-athletes for academic and personal success.
- Coordinate the effective recruitment of student athletes for Men's and Women's Swimming and diving utilizing Front Rush and assist with other athletics programs with an ongoing focus on increasing the number of Bachelor Degree students at SUNY Delhi.
- Assist the Sports Information Director in promoting the men's and women's Swimming and diving program properly.
- Monitor the academic progress of all swimming and diving student-athletes.
- Maintain the inventory of all Swimming and diving related equipment and uniforms, and generate needed specific quotes for necessary equipment replacement as indicated in end of season reports.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- High school or collegiate coaching experience in the sport of swimming and diving.
- Effective verbal and written communication, computer and web related skills.
- Current Valid Driver's license - Approved by University Police. Driving state vehicles is required.
- Current CPR / First Aid certification (can be offered at start of obligation).