The Head Men's & Women's Swimming and Diving Coach reports to the Director of Athletics. The primary task is to oversee, organize, recruit and develop successful Swimming & Diving programs in concert with the academic mission of the university. This position will also be responsible to fulfill a secondary administrative duty. This position is defined as an exempt position under FLSA regulations.
- Serve as the head coach of the swimming & diving programs.
- Supervise the Coordinator of Aquatics Provide oversight of all operations and programming in the Natatorium.
- Recruit quality student-athletes for the swimming & diving programs.
- Develop and conduct organized practices.
- Develop a schedule that includes representative and competitive contests.
- Counsel student-athletes in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and ethical behavior at all times.
- Adhere to all NCAA and conference rules and bylaws.
- Fulfill a secondary administrative duty as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of swimming and good swimming ability.
- Able to operate various swimming pool mechanical and chemical equipment.
- Patience and good people skills.
- Flexibility to meet changing demands.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self-motivate, confident, energetic, and enthusiastic individual.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.