Lenoir-Rhyne University, a proud member of NCAA Division II and the South Atlantic Conference, seeks qualified candidates for its head men’s and women’s tennis coach vacancy. This position directs the development, organization and management of all phases of the women’s men’s and women’s tennis program. Recruiting, retaining, and graduating qualified student-athletes, as well as applying effective coaching, mentoring techniques, and player development strategies that result in successful competition is the primary purpose in this position.
Duties and tasks include, but not limited to:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the men’s and women’s staff in the planning, organizing and coaching of the Lenoir-Rhyne women’s men’s and women’s tennis team; ensure compliance with the university, conference, and NCAA policies and regulations.
- Direct the women’s men’s and women’s tennis staff in the preparation of analyses of opponent teams; analyze game statistics and technical data of opponents and prepare game plans accordingly.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; consult with University administration and faculty for resolution of problems required.
- Assign geographical areas to and supervise the women’s men’s and women’s tennis staff in the recruitment of new players; determine recipients of women’s men’s and women’s tennis scholarships in accordance with University admissions policies.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Collegiate level coaching experience with a general understanding of NCAA DII rules.
- Demonstration of successful collegiate recruiting experience.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop a culture of excellence.
- Strong communication skills.
Affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), Lenoir-Rhyne promotes a diverse campus open to people from all religious backgrounds. It is an EOA/AA employer under all applicable civil rights law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.