The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the Men's and Women's Tennis Programs, including but not limited to: Recruiting, eligibility, match and practice plans, budget preparation and monitoring, scheduling, supervising and monitoring assistant coaches, public relations and promotion of the sport, the department and Clark University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and recruit student athletes who are capable of competing successfully on the NCAA Division III level and who are capable of succeeding academically.
- Develop season practice and match plans.
- Ensure that appropriate safety precautions are taken in practice, games and during team travel.
- Discipline student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and policies.
- Work with administrators to stay within fiscal and budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred.
- 3-5 years of coaching experience, required.
- Knowledge and passion for the sport of tennis.
- Possess valid driver's license.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certifications are required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and communicate with student athletes.
- Commitment and dedication to academic success.
- Strong organizational and developmental skills.
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.