The selected candidate will help ensure the program operates and conducts itself within the ideals, goals, rules, and regulations set forth by Newberry College, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the South Atlantic Conference (SAC). This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics. The successful candidate provides leadership, organization, supervision, instruction, and strategic planning for the Wolves men’s and women’s tennis and field program.
- Foster an atmosphere promoting academic success and personal development.
- Meet recruiting and retention goals.
- Establish an effective communication plan with student-athletes.
- Plan a competitive schedule.
- Conduct practices in a safe environment.
- Organize home events.
- Effectively manage the budget.
- Fundraise for additional program needs.
- Provide safe and efficient travel to competitions.
- Implement an effective community service plan.
- Promote the tennis program in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in collegiate tennis preferred.
- Knowledge of athletic sports administration; Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to network across a multifaceted college community.
- Strong attentiveness to detail.