Lawrence University openly invites applications for the Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach. The Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach is primarily responsible for the successful development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the tennis program.
- Responsible for recruiting student-athletes who fit the mission of the University and creating the culture for the men’s and women’s tennis team.
- Expected to be familiar with and abide by the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association and Conference.
- Responsible for planning, communicating, and executing all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division III men’s and women’s tennis.
- Responsible for organizing and conducting practice sessions.
- Responsible for all game execution, management, and operations.
- Responsible for team travel – making appropriate reservations for vehicles, hotel, and meal service well in advance.
- Responsible for the academic progress of student-athletes, assisting in the development of each student-athlete’s graduation plan, and ensuring academic accountability by continually monitoring progress reports during the entire academic year.
- 3-5 years of successful coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Established recruiting based.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have successful completion of criminal and MVR background check and meet University Authorized Driver Policy requirements.
- Favorable completion of reference checks.