This is a part-time position. As Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach: responsible for all aspects of an NCAA Division III athletic program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a competitive intercollegiate athletic program, consistent with the values and Great Commitments of Berea College;
- Coaching and supervision of coaches and support staff;
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations of all conference and national athletic affiliations;
- Responsible for all aspects of program recruiting within Berea College and NCAA Division III guidelines;
- Manage program budget within assigned funding levels;
- Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship and conduct representative of the coaching profession and Berea College Athletics;
- Monitor academic progress of team members;
- General facility upkeep and maintenance;
- Work with the Sports Information office to ensure profile information on all players is accurate and up-to-date, student-athletes are nominated for applicable awards, schedules are updated and accurate, and post-competition statistical reporting is complete;
- Communicate regularly with Athletic Training staff to ensure health and well-being of student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated successful coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Outstanding knowledge in teaching and coaching tennis.
- Superior communication (oral, written and interpersonal) skills;
- Understanding and agreement with the mission and Great Commitments of Berea College;
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership and time management skills.