The Head Coach is responsible for providing Christian leadership principles to a winning tennis program within the framework of the mission of the university and the intercollegiate athletic department. In addition, the head coach is to establish an environment in which student-athletics develop as well as mature spiritually, academically, socially and athletically with the purpose of each performer and team reaching their potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To lead and develop the tennis program within the framework of the mission of the university and the intercollegiate athletic department.
- Read and follow all provisions as outlined by the policies and procedures manual of the intercollegiate athletic department.
- Submit a projected yearly budget and stay within budgeted allotments as set by the athletic director and institution.
- Know NAIA rules and regulations to ensure compliance with departmental, university, conference and national policies.
- Recruit student-athletes in accord with university, department, and conference requirements and policies.
- Ensure assistant coaches and student-athletes are positive Christian representatives of the university at all times.
- Promote unity within the athletic department by working in corporation together and by supporting all university personnel.
- High degree of interpersonal skills to represent the university, train and administer in a warm and effective manner.
- Able to anticipate ebb and flow of office work and delegate work accordingly.
- Capable of supervising the work of others.
- Willingness to attend coaching seminars and to improve coaching related tasks.
- Capable of working without supervision.
- Ability to inspire others to work together to get the work done.
- Ability to supervise assistant coaches or other employees.
- Awareness that behavior and dress should be appropriate for the environment of a Christian university.