- Ultimately responsible for the management/direction of all aspects of the sprint and field event aspects of a competitive women’s indoor and outdoor track program and men’s outdoor track program within the framework of the Pennsylvania State Athletic conference (PSAC), NCAA, the CBA, and/or the rules and regulations of the University and any other athletic conference in which the University is a member.
- Plan/manage all sprint and field events and practices of the program, including in-season and out-of-season player development.
- Work in cooperation with and direction of the Head Cross Country Coach/Director of Cross Country and Track and Field.
- Recruit qualified student athletes.
- Promote the academic success of the student athletes.
- Advise student athletes of the University’s athletic policies and all other appropriate requirements of PSAC and NCAA and any other athletic conference in which the University is a member.
- Help implement the Edinboro University Athletic Drug Education, Screening and Counseling Program for intercollegiate athletes including being a member of the drug screening team.
- Manage the budget for the program, including organizing and planning travel arrangements.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Coaching experience.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules required.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
Pennsylvania Western University of Pennsylvania is committed to equal employment and equal educational opportunities for all individuals regardless of gender, gender identity, race or color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, religion or creed, genetic information, affectional or sexual orientation, veteran status, or other classifications that are protected under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and other pertinent state and federal laws and regulations.