The Penn State Shenango campus is seeking an energetic, dynamic Head Men’s Baseball Coach for the future Baseball program. This position is new to the campus and will be responsible for initiating and administering all aspects of the program, including but not limited to recruiting, scheduling team activities, competition, training academic monitoring, budget monitoring and fundraising.
- Maintaining an acceptable roster of student athletes, as determined in consultation with the Athletic Director.
- Planning and coordinating effective team practices in preparation for the program’s competitions.
- Scheduling an acceptable number of athletic contests each season as outlined by the USCAA.
- Planning team travel.
- Serving as game coach for each contest.
- Coordinating fundraising activities to support the program financially.
- Managing the team’s budget in cooperation with the Penn State Shenango Business Office.
- Effectively managing coaching and support staff.
- Position requires previous baseball coaching experience, preferably in a collegiate program, and at least an associates degree.
- This job requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid US driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
- This job requires the following 3 publicly available clearances: •PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, FBI Criminal Background Check.