Provide leadership, organization, and supervision for all aspects of the men’s baseball program at Sul Ross State University to insure a competitive and successful program, following all NCAA Division III, American Southwest Conference and university rules and regulations.
- Identify, attract and matriculate outstanding student-athletes who demonstrate the ability to be academically and athletically successful.
- Schedule practices for both in season and out of season
- Schedule all competitive events and complete all travel arrangements.
- Monitor student-athletes academic performance. Emphasis on graduation rates and academic progress.
- Monitor all workouts to ensure student-athlete safety
- Be knowledgeable of, and abide by, all university, NCAA Division III, and conference policies
- Recruit and retain high quality student-athletes
- Correspond with prospects using a variety of communication channels; including written, in person contact, phone and visits.
- Support student-athlete academic and athletic excellence, leadership development, team development and community service.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Clear knowledge of the sport(s) of baseball; ability to develop a competitive program.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, student-athletes and alumni.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong recruiting and coaching skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with a wide variety of students, parents, alumni, faculty, departmental staff, administration and the community.
- Proficient with technological recruiting and coaching tools.