The Head Men’s Basketball Coach must successfully recruit, sign, and instruct players that are capable of playing their sport on the collegiate level while maintaining the academic standards established by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Shelton State Community College (SSCC).
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and evaluate performance of assigned staff, train, and coordinate tasks, assign priorities, and resolve issues or concerns.
- Possess an advanced knowledge of basketball and the rules and be effectively communicate this knowledge to the team.
- Must recruit and sign the very best student athletes to represent Shelton State Community College.
- Must work with men’s basketball players and staff in registration, scheduling classes, and monitoring academic progress.
- Teach assigned classes each semester, as appropriate, based on credentials and schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Coaching/playing experience with basketball.
- Essential knowledge of NCAA and NJCAA eligibility and transfer rules.
It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.