Under the supervision of the Dean of Health, Physical Education, Athletics, Aquatics, and Recreation/Athletic Director, oversees all aspects of the men’s basketball program in accordance with all athletic department, college, and Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) policies and regulations.
- Recruits student athletes in accordance with the NWAC codebook and college policies. Provides assistance and guidance to student athletes to ensure they are aware of available resources and the expenses involved with in attending our college and living within our area. Supports and encourages athletes in their pursuit of education and career goals.
- Stays up to date on the NWAC Codebook and all eligibility rules and regulations, and informs student athletes of eligibility rules and regulations.
- Collaborates with the athletic department on developing schedules for practices, competitions, and other team activities as well as developing travel plans for off-site activities.
- Complies with all college processes and procedures related to travel.
- Collaborates with internal partners to promote and support the athletic department and all of our teams.
- Complies with all college budget policies and procedures while monitoring and maintaining all equipment and gear.
- One (1) year of experience coaching men’s basketball.
- Experience working with diverse backgrounds of the College’s community, students and employees; demonstrated commitment to promoting access and diversity.
- Understanding of NCAA and NWAC rules for basketball.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain certification prior to first practice.
- Valid Driver’s License, access to reliable transportation during work hours, and at least three (3) years of driving history.