The Head Men’s Basketball Coach (HC) will be responsible for facilitating the academic, athletic, and overall growth of every Men’s Basketball student-athlete. Additionally, this individual, will work closely with the Advising Counselor and Director of Athletics (AD) to continually assess and elevate the program’s status in the areas of academics, recruiting, budget tracking and reporting, equipment ordering, marketing/public relations, sports medicine, strength and conditioning, departmental compliance, and alumni engagement.
Key Measurable Expectations:
- Plan, organize, and direct all activities involved with LCCC Men’s Basketball program, including the development and maintenance of a positive and quality philosophy for all facets of the team to be carried out in competition, in the classroom, and within the community.
- Serve as a key recruiter of prospective student-athletes. The HC will work with the AD to generate college-approved letters of intent (agreements) with student athletes. Recruiting can occur through attending in and out-of-state games and tournaments, developing relationships and making regular contacts with coaches, and conducting high school and home visits.
- Develop, monitor and manage Men’s Basketball scholarship and program budgets.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate practices, games, personal and team travel in compliance with institutional (NJCAA and Region 24) policies and procedures.
- The sport in which one will be coaching.
- NCAA, NJCAA, and Region 24 rules and policies
- Learning and motivational methods.
- Structure and content of the English language including spelling, composition, and grammar. Effective recruiting and scouting prospective student-athletes.
- Effective promotional practices.
- Academic requirement in order to properly advise student-athletes.