Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Head Men’s Basketball Coach. This is a full time, 10-month reporting position with benefits. This coach will be responsible for directing a highly competitive NCAA D-III Men’s Basketball program in accordance and compliance with NCAA, NCAC, and Kenyon College policies and regulations.
- Maintain a competitive program that is successful in NCAC conference play.
- Coach student-athletes to a high level of achievement with post season play as the goal of the program.
- Preserve and uplift the academic priorities of Kenyon College.
- Participate in the NCAC scheduling process and develop a strategy for non-conference.
- Schedule practice times in conjunction with the Women’s Basketball Coach and Facilities Director.
- Provide opportunities for Assistant Coaches, Captains and players to become scholars of the game of Basketball.
- Work with Athletics Communications to develop promotional and recruiting material.
- Maintain a healthy communication with other departments on campus, particularly admissions.
- Participate in campus wide events.
- Recruit academically and athletically strong applicants for admission to the selective, highly competitive application pool at Kenyon College utilizing ARMS software, including preparing promotional materials.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Head Coaching experience preferred.
- Collegiate playing experience.
- Experience in recruitment of academically focused-student athletes is preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire).