As a head coach in NJIT's intercollegiate athletic program, the incumbent will be responsible for all functions relating to the management and running of a successful Division I Men's Basketball program in the America East Conference, including recruiting, budget management, staff and student-athlete development, scheduling events, and fundraising Comprehensive knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA rules and related university rules and policies is essential.
- Organize, prepare, and conduct individual and team practices, training and competition.
- Coordinate an effective in season and off-season training program.
- Lead, monitor and coordinate training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Responsible for the welfare of all students under coach's charge.
- Address and resolve any issues that arise with a student-athlete, the team and/or a member of the coaching staff.
- Strive to provide guidance and assistance towards enhancing a student-athlete’s welfare regarding his personal, academic, and athletic experience while at NJIT.
- Oversee and enforce all established Athletic Department team travel and code of conduct policies when away from NJIT.
- Perform constant evaluation of team and individual performances.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Minimum of 7 years of coaching experience on the intercollegiate level or a professional league equivalent; comprehensive knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance issues; excellent communication and conflict resolution skills; demonstrated leadership ability; prior supervisory/management experience; valid driver's license.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.