Responsible for the management and administration of an effective and efficient men’s basketball program. The position reports to the Director of Athletics.
- Master’s degree.
- Previous experience coaching collegiate basketball.
- Proven successful recruiting of student-athletes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and developing student-athletes who will successfully represent the institution academically and athletically.
- Scheduling and organizing practice and contests in accordance with applicable Lonestar Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Attending and coaching all games and practices.
- Administering sports program budget in line with the guidelines provided by the Athletics Department and the Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration.
- Coordinating procurement of uniforms and equipment.
- Making travel arrangements.
- Keeping abreast and ensuring compliance with the Lonestar Conference and NCAA regulations while maintaining highest ethical standards of conduct.
- Supervising assistant coaches and other program personnel.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity.