Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Coach all aspects of men’s basketball, such as weight training, conditioning, and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective coaching theory, strategies, and techniques appropriate for the community college environment.
- Demonstrate proper sportsmanship and respect for players, opponents, fans, and other coaches.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Work effectively with student athletes of varying abilities, social, economic, and cultural backgrounds to instill commitment, discipline, and teamwork.
- Maintain good public relations with media, boosters, advisory committee members, parents, officials, players, community, etc.
- Associate degree, or the equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or.
- Three (3) years of coaching experience.
- Valid driver’s license and medical clearance to drive passenger vehicles.
- Clean drug screen record.
- Clean driving record.
- Satisfactory criminal background investigation.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to meet the public in a friendly and receptive manner.
- Knowledge of College safety and security issues and procedures.