Attract and recruit a talented roster of participants to include a combination of high school event, practice, campus and/or home visits, using technology-based and other successful recruitment methods. Possess a sound, committed educational philosophy that includes a strong understanding of and commitment to academic, personal and athletic student success.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with orientation of athletes to MCC and the sports program.
- Recommend talented and qualified student-athletes for tuition waivers and Letters of Intent.
- Perform safe athlete conditioning activities. (Conditioning is not to be perceived as disciplinary).
- Retain and advance players with concentration on academic, athletic and personal growth and success.
- Scout opponents in those sports having this as a normal expectation.
- Assist students/parents with placement activities to four year colleges.
- Review all practices, facilities and conditions on a regular basis to reduce liability and potentially negative consequences.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with various student & academic affairs areas of the college to facilitate the education & personal development of new/continuing student athletes.
- Contribute to schedule development, as directed, in cooperation with the director and/or program assistant.
- Assist with workshops and seminars on topics for the retention and success of student athletes.
- High School diploma.
- Coaching experience of at least two years, preferably as a head coach at the college, high school varsity or similar competitive level.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR/AED or willingness to obtain prior to employment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Experience working with athletes, diverse or at-risk populations required.
- A strong, pre-existing connection to the geographical area known as McHenry County, is preferred.
- Involvement in Club, AAU, Travel teams and other like sports entities, a plus.