The Head Men's Golf Coach shall report to the Director of Athletics. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The head men’s golf coach will be expected to recruit high character student athletes that represent NMJC through the reflection of leading with character, follow with humility and compete with grit.
- The head men’s golf coach will be expected to organize team practices, weight training and conditioning plans that best prepare NMJC athletes for NJCAA level competitions.
- The head men’s golf coach will be expected to schedule a fall, spring and pre-season season schedules as needed within the NJCAA by-laws and game limitations.
- The head men’s golf coach will be expected to be knowledgeable in the areas of NJCAA by-laws, NJCAA Region 5 and Western Junior College Athletic Conference rules and guidelines and the NIRA if applicable.
- The head men’s golf coach will be expected to organize and maintain an operating budget that is provided to the program per the direction of the NMJC Board of Regents. Spending within these budget parameters is expected protocol. Following all of the purchasing procedures and protocols established within the NMJC Employee Handbook will be expected.
- The head men’s golf coach is expected to provide academic advice to student-athletes in a degree plan that fits the preparation and career path of each individual. This plan is directed to the ultimate goal of each student-athlete graduating from New Mexico Junior College with an AA, AS degree or certificate.
- The head men’s golf coach is expected to manage the maintenance and upkeep of the complex, facility or field. This management program will include communication between the Athletic Director to allow for necessary improvements and repairs required for the upkeep of a first-class facility.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred.
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Successful community college coaching experience preferred.
- Applicant must be committed to excellence in coaching.