As the program leader for men’s lacrosse, the head coach is responsible for operating a program for student-athletes, with differing abilities and skills, that pursues Messiah Athletics’ complementary goals of striving for athletic excellence and developing Christian character. This position will also have responsibility for assisting with the administration for camps and clinics and game management responsibilities.
- Ability to administer NCAA Division III intercollegiate program, including recruiting, scheduling, budgeting, travel, and practice plans;
- Ability to coach, teach, and train student-athletes in skills and strategies specific to lacrosse to make them as competitive as possible;
- Ability to establish appropriate and effective mentoring relationships with student-athletes;
- Ability to clearly articulate why inclusive excellence and cultural intelligence matter
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the stages of student development and the importance of holistic education.
1. Analyze performance and instruct athletes in skills, techniques and strategies in preparation for competition and during contests to be competitive within the MAC commonwealth conference.
2. Coordinate general administrative duties (including budgeting, game scheduling, travel plans, meeting requests for information, hiring of officials, and business procedures).
3. Communicate with the athletic trainer, sports information director, facilities assignor, and department administrators as needed.
4. Establish appropriate and effective mentoring relationships with student-athletes, resulting in a team grade point average of 3.00 and a retention rate of 82%.