The Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach will be responsible for the conduct and overall supervision of the men’s lacrosse program. The position’s main responsibility will be to recruit; develop and retain student-athletes; coach and develop a highly competitive Division III men’s lacrosse program in compliance with NCAA, Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and Earlham College rules and regulations.
- Develop annual overall recruitment strategy and generate monthly recruiting reports.
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes and their families.
- Work closely with Admissions and other campus offices to recruit outstanding student-athletes.
- Plan and coordinate prospective student-athlete visits to campus and off campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Attend tournaments, showcases, observe team camps, visit high schools, attend practices and/or games of recruits on a regular basis.
- Establish and maintain recruiting data base utilizing athletic department recruiting software.
- Maintain regular communication with prospective student-athletes and their families utilizing various communication tools (e.g. phone calls, text, emails, etc.) on a regular basis to maintain interest.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s preferred.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience (3-5 years) is preferred.
- Collegiate playing experience is desired.
- A successful record of recruiting, developing and retaining student-athletes is essential.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.